Announcement Date: October 5, 2016
Minutes of Special Board Meeting
ARRL Board of Directors
October 5, 2016
1. Pursuant to due notice, The Board of Directors of the ARRL, Inc. met in special session by teleconference at 11:08 AM Wednesday October 5, 2016 with President Rick Roderick, K5UR, in the Chair and the following Directors on the conference call:
Tom Abernethy, W3TOM, Atlantic Division
Kermit Carlson, W9XA, Central Division
Kent Olson, KAØLDG, Dakota Division
David Norris, K5UZ, Delta Division
Dale Williams, WA8EFK, Great Lakes Division
Mike Lisenco, N2YBB, Hudson Division
Rod Blocksome, KØDAS, Midwest Division
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, New England Division
Jim Pace, K7CEX, Northwestern Division
Bob Vallio, W6RGG, Pacific Division
James Boehner, N2ZZ, Roanoke Division
Dwayne Allen, WY7FD, Rocky Mountain Division
Douglas Rehman, K4AC, Southeastern Division
Dick Norton, N6AA, Southwestern Division
David Woolweaver, K5RAV, West Gulf Division
Also present without vote were Greg Widin, KØGW; First Vice President; Brian Mileshosky, N5ZGT, Second Vice-President; Jay Bellows, KØQB, International Affairs Vice President; Tom Gallagher. NY2RF, Chief Executive Officer and Secretary; and Chief Financial Officer Barry J. Shelley, N1VXY.
Also present were General Counsel Christopher D. Imlay, W3KD; David A. Swerdloff, from Day, Pitney Law; and Dan Henderson, N1ND, as recording secretary. Frederick Niswander, K7GM, Treasurer, was unable to participate in the meeting.
2. President Roderick explained the purpose of the special meeting was to ratify the email vote taken of the Directors which decided not to review the actions of the Elections and Ethics Committee with respect to the election of a Director in the Southeastern Division.
3. Mr. Lisenco moved, seconded by Dr. Boehner, to suspend reading of the resolution (which had previously been distributed to each Director as part of the notice of the meeting.) A roll call vote being requested, the motion to suspend the reading of the resolution was ADOPTED by a vote of 13 to 2, with Directors Abernethy, Carlson, Olson, Norris, Williams, Lisenco, Blocksome, Frenaye, Pace, Vallio, Boehner, Allen, and Woolweaver voting AYE and Directors Rehman and Norton voting NAY.
4. Mr. Lisenco, moved, seconded by Mr. Norris, to approve and adopt the resolution previously submitted to the directors.
After discussion, a roll call vote being requested, the motion was ADOPTED by a vote of 11 to 4, with Directors Carlson, Olson, Norris, Williams, Lisenco, Blocksome, Frenaye, Pace, Vallio, Boehner, and Allen, and voting AYE, and Directors Abernethy, Rehman, Norton and Woolweaver voting NAY.
5. On the motion of Mr. Lisenco, seconded by Mr. Frenaye, the special meeting was ADJOURNED at 11:25 AM, by a Roll Call vote of 13 to 1 with 1 abstention with Directors Abernethy, Carlson. Olson, Norris, Williams, Lisenco. Blocksome, Frenaye, Pace, Vallio, Boehner, Allen, and Woolweaver voting AYE, Mr. Rehman voting NAY, and Mr. Norton abstaining. (Time in session: 17 minutes).